Sunday, September 4, 2011

Leading Off

I've been wanting to create my own blog for quite some time now, and with football starting, the baseball pennant races heating up (or being boring as hell, you decide), and college basketball on the horizon, it's time for me to have a forum for all the craziness and delirium cluttered inside my brain, most of which is sports-related.

I used to blog a decent amount for http://lawnchairboys.blogspot.com/. I did most of my work writing about college basketball, but I generally cover basketball, football and baseball. I felt like it was time for me to try and start something on my own, hence the new site. The site will hopefully change and evolve over time, and I can provide some sort of entertainment for people who are bored at work, think I'm the coolest person ever, or somewhere in between.

The name comes from the fact that I'm probably the most unlucky person in the history of mankind. Hyperbole aside, I struggled to come up with a name, but for the time being this one works. Not only do I have terrible luck, but I'm blessed with the fact that I'm from Chicago, Illinois and I like arguably the most unlucky and cursed team in all of organized sports, that being my beloved Chicago Cubs. I'll spend a lot of time writing about my favorite teams, so get used to hearing a lot about the Bears, Bulls, Cubs, Notre Dame football, and UNC basketball. I'll diversify however and write about a multitude of other sports topics and teams, and who knows, maybe I'll even through in some random pop culture commentary as well. I know it's a work in progess right now, but I hope everyone enjoys the site. Feel free to comment/critique at will.

No comments:

Post a Comment